Monday, February 3, 2014

Sweet Sunday / Weekend Highlights / Mommy & Me Monday

 Sweet Sunday
January 26th -  February 1st
Sweet Sunday is delayed because...I was tired and sleeping ranked higher on my priority list. What can you do? So, I'm making it a triple today.

I think maybe I can fit...

She sure gets a kick out of trying to direct the pups on their leash.

Conqueror Aria.

Getting the remote goes right to her head. She triumphantly strolled around the living room with it.

Giving her car a quick tune up.

It was a Mickey pancake kind of morning. They always hit the spot on delightfully dreary days.

Using her skip hop zoo plate for the first time. And, blueberries really are 'baby crack' - she couldn't chomp those up fast enough.

I noticed a crane standing in the middle of the road while we were eating lunch so I wheeled Aria over to the window and we watched him hang out while a few cars scooted past. He enjoyed himself for at least half a dozen minutes before a person walking past galvanized him to fly off. Aria savored her lunch show, as did Baxter who was huffing and puffing in a chair next to the window.

And, that concludes our simply sweet everyday moments from last week. Now onto our weekend travels to Orlando.

You may remember that I posted on Friday that I've been craving a larger purse. I'm pretty sure I've posted about it at least 3 or 4 times. So Chris decided to take me to the outlets in Orlando to check out the Coach store. Might as well see if you can find something 75% off before committing to the full price of in season styles, am I right? As luck would have it I found something perfect. It is big, has two sides and a zippered middle plus a lovely front pocket, and it feels so soft. It even feels lighter than my smaller purse, although I don't know how because I shoved all the things in there. And, bonus, I can hold Aria and my purse on the same side. Before my purse sat high enough to interfere with her perch on my hip but now the new one is comfortably in a different spot.  I can't believe I just wrote a whole ding dang paragraph about this purse...moving on.
After finding my purse and Chris picking up a new pair of work pants, we decided to stop for dinner at Downtown Disney. First, we let Aria run out some energy at Once Upon a Toy. She toddled around having a blast and charming the pants off of people.
We normally eat at Raglan Road, because it is awesome and Irish and they dance, but we ended up going to the Rainforest Cafe to try something new. I thought Aria would get a kick out of the atmosphere and thunderstorms. Turns out she didn't give two hoots. We will have to try again when she is older, because it is a totally fun place to eat.
 While we waited for a table we toddled around the gift shop and watched the fishes in the big tanks.
And, then we ate lots of food. Aria loved her smoothie (that dada lovingly spooned her from across the table) and happily munched on fries. Chris enjoyed his steak. And, I thought my fried shrimp was just okay.
The dessert, however, was the most delicious thing ever. Totally made up for my lackluster meal. That chocolate cake craving I mentioned on Friday has totally been satisfied.
My picture for mommy & me this week is from our dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I added an extra hole so Aria's frog hat would fit her tiny noggin and she managed to keep it on a whole 2 seconds so Chris could snap our picture.

Linking up with The Opulent Owl:
http://www.jasamcaldwell.com/blog/
 and
Linking up with Dear Owen and Everyday Love!

facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

14 comments:

  1. She is so cute. When my kids were little, I think that they enjoyed downtown disney more than the magic kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, really? I can't imagine that at all! Shops vs rides? I can't wait to take Aria to Magic Kingdom, although I'm sure it will be a lot more work than I am use to. Do your kids still like going to Disney now that they are teens?

      Delete
  2. These pictures of her are so darn cute! I especially like "The Conqueror Aria" hehehe. Where did you get that pancake mold? I want a mickey pancake mold for Maylee when she gets older. We are definitely taking her to Disney and introduce her to all the characters, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it was making me nervous watching her put her foot up on her little pounding bench. She likes to climb I thought she'd try to stand up on it, but she just rested her little foot up there.
      The pancake mold is actually my grandma's, she used it to make me pancakes as a little girl so I have no idea where she got it. If I were to get one I would go to Downtown Disney since they have a little kitchen goods store. But, I bet you could find one online easily enough! Don't forget to pam the metal before you pour in the batter...I forget that at least half the time.
      That will be so much fun going to Disney with her! When are you thinking of taking her, what age? I originally thought right before she turned 3 since she would still be free, but I can't contain my desire to show her the magic!

      Delete
    2. You know, Courtney, I don't really know when we are going to take her to Disney. It's not like she's going to remember at such a young age!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Totally is! But, I don't know about these comments from people saying she will be easier when she learns to walk because ohmygosh what a little handful now that she wants to walk in completely random unhelpful directions instead of letting me carry her around =) They eventually follow, right!? haha

      Delete
  4. good lord that dessert looks so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it was! I ate way too much of it but it was one of the best desserts I've ever gotten, hands down! I know where I will be getting my next chocolate craving indulged.

      Delete
  5. Such adorable pictures! I love your new purse. And where did you find the Mickey Pancake mold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! I'm so glad I finally badgered my husband into spoiling me with it =)

      The pancake shaper ma-bob is actually old. It is my grandmother's - she used it to make me pancakes when I was a kid. So, I'm not sure where she got it, but I'm sure you could find one online. I just did a quick google and saw a bunch in the basic Mickey ears shape. Just don't forget to pam the edges, I forget all the time and get stuck pancakes...

      Delete
  6. That purse is awesome!! I love Rainforest Cafe, it was definitely a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed at how much more comfortable it is too. Was totally a necessary purchase =)

      Delete
  7. Cute purse and even cuter pics of your family fun!! Thanks for sharing & "taking us along" on your weekend trip to Orlando! Fun post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.