Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Historical-ness: Our Last Months Before We Got Married

The next up chronologically for my 'historical-ness' series is the months between the summer of 2010 and when we got married in April of 2011. And, I only feel compelled to post about it because it would make me twitchy to skip a section. I'm sorry we were such a yawn-fest before Aria, I don't know how we didn't bore ourselves into hibernation. At the time it didn't seem so empty though, but looking back makes me love how Aria fills up all our moments now. Did I talk you into reading the rest of this post or what?! Don't worry it is short.

In October, we had our annual Canadian Thanksgiving party. That is the year we really went all out. We had all sorts of appetizers, every Thanksgiving dish we could think of and 3 or 4 pies. We also had a whole selection of seasonal beer and some sort of cinnamon apple drink made with Goldschl├Ąger, apple pucker, and pineapple juice that was a little too delicious. Definitely my favourite event of Fall. I wasn't so picture happy as I am now, I literally have this picture and one of the appetizers.

We took Christmas pictures, timer-style ones. The dogs were always so cooperative.

We had an annual pass to the zoo, so we went for visits pretty often. This is us on the little train ride they have.

And, we spent many a morning at the beach. Also afternoons and evenings, but mornings are the best. You'd think we would have been less pale, but no.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with those exciting times... It was even a little challenging to find 4 pictures over the course of 9 months. My how the times have changed.

If you missed any of the previous 'Historical-ness' posts, click here for 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, and 6: First Summer Back in Florida.

Next up will be our wedding!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you were not a yawn fest before!! I bet your time just the two of you was full of fun experiences and special moments! Babies just add a little more excitement. Your thanksgiving sounds fun and yummy. My family doesn't do a huge celebration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did play a lot more games before Aria! And, definitely more down time. It is just crazy to think of how different our lives were then vs now.
      Oh man, that is sad in my book. I love having a big to-do with friends. Even when it was just us two out in Colorado we still liked to cook all the fixings, and we ate leftovers for the next month! =)

      Delete
  2. yay for doggie Christmas pictures!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since Aria they haven't made it in the family pictures...I don't think at all, just not enough hands anymore. And, they certainly don't listen well enough to just sit in one spot! I'll have to try and get them in a picture one of these days, they are definitely part of the fam!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh a beach. I'd give ANYTHING to see more than snow on the ground right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, we in FL get to enjoy being the envy during late winter. The weather is oh so nice and much warmer than up north. Then it switches in the fall and we get to envy everybody starting to get crisp nights and beautiful fall leaves. I think a great solution would be seasonal homes...step one would be win the lotto =)

      Delete
  4. This is so cute! and your hubby looks SOOO different 4 years ago! Must be the no beard? Either way I think it's so cool you're doing this posts to document everything! I don't think I would ever have the patience to go back 11 1/2 years so you'll just have to be bored with Callie posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the beard totally changes his look. He hates having such a baby face, nobody thought he was late 20s before the beard. I, however, would be fine with just scruff. Sigh.
      It was easy to get the posts going back whenever I did it, because my pictures were so well organized. Then I put them on an external and they are such a pain to access now. And, I have everything backed up on shutterfly too but for some reason it decided to reorganize my albums (which were chronological) and I can't find anything anymore. I definitely wouldn't do it now if I had to start over, ick. And, it is such a shame that that Callie is oh so boring... =)

      Delete
  5. Very cute post!! I love seeing how people ended up together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm loving this!! You may have just inspired me to write my own love story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.