Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday: St. Patrick's Day Inspiration

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share all sorts of St. Patrick's Day ideas. I think it is an often overlooked holiday when you have kids. But, I don't need much of an excuse to bring a little festive to my days with Aria. So, I have been gathering up ideas for a sham-rocking good time next month. Hopefully one or a couple of these will inspire some fun in your home too.

Eats & Treats:
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 ]
Everybody can get excited about festive food! We all have to eat, so why not try out an Irish recipe. Do those cupcakes look incredible, or what?

Kid-friendly Crafts:
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]
It just isn't a holiday at our home unless there is a canvas art project in the works. When in doubt finger paint it out...people say that, right?

DIY Decorations:
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]
#1 link takes you to a different project than shown. When I went to link the picture the pin didn't have a link, how does that even happen? But, the link I did find is even better in my opinion - very similar to the heart frame project floating around for Valentine's day. My favourite is always a banner though, or a wreath. I was mostly underwhelmed with the St. Patrick wreath ideas I saw though. (Meaning you will probably see a green banner hanging around my home in the coming weeks)

Give-ables:
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]
Fun ideas to give to friends, neighbors, classmates, etc.

 Children's Books:
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]
And, last but not least my favourite purchase for any holiday. I love adding books to Aria's library. I don't personally own any of these, but I found them from recommendations around the web. I did, however, order 'The Naughty Leprechaun Story' after seeing it on Dixie Delights. I was smitten with the idea, especially because I think elf on the shelf is too much work and this one is just a few days long. - totally doable. I think Aria will get a kick out of it when she is a wee bit older too.

all images via pinterest.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

24 comments:

  1. What a FUN post, Courtney!! Thanks for sharing all the St. Patrick's Day goodness!! ... Have a fabulous weekend, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't round up some ideas I end up doing squat. That is what happened at Christmas. But, when I did a Valentine's idea post series we ended up doing so many fun little things! Organized motivation is the ticket for me. Thanks for the note, I hope you too have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love this! Hold me to this one - I totally need to make the canvas 4-leaf clover handprints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can do! (Hey, don't forget to have a canvas, green paint, and clean Callie hands sometime in the next few weeks) I'm really quite good at being annoying, just ask my husband.
      That one is in my top two to actually get done. I was also thinking of clover shaped painter's taped canvas, and let her go to town and finger paint the outer bits. Maybe both! I've got a whole bunch of canvases...oh this reminds me I need to organize all my craft supplies, I finally got a big bin for it.

      Delete
  3. Fun ideas! Love the craft of the rainbow into the pot of gold :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, that is one of the ones I personally thought would be fun to do! I think Aria is too young for that paint project, but maybe mom will make one. Never too old for finger painting!

      Delete
  4. I love all of these St.aptrick's Day toddler friendly craft ideas!! I am always looking for some new ones! I found you through the link-up and proud to say im your newest follower! My blog is eldalarrazabal.blogspot.com! I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well well, welcome! I'm glad you stopped over. I hope some of the ideas are just the right inspiration for your home. Always helps me actually get some crafts done when I have just a handful of ideas to pull from instead of the whole of pinterest.

      Delete
  5. that button rainbow is SO STINKING CUTE. i think i'll do it during lex's nap. . . just so it looks good :) which is pretty much the opposite of a toddler craft right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it under the DIY 'section' because I figured it would be more fun for mom! The kids can finger paint and the moms can play with buttons - sounds about right to me. Don't forget to share a pic somewhere if you end up doing one!

      Delete
  6. Hey there, stopping by from the link up! Love all of this! I have been pinning some of the same and now I just need to actually do them! :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I live in a world where there is pinterest and amazing mom's that come up with these ideas and share them. I would never think of 99% of these fun crafts and festive projects. I made sure to round up my favourites early so I had plenty of time to knock out a few before the 17th. It worked so well when I did the same thing for Valentine's day. Although, I sort of wish somebody would make me those cupcakes because they look like a decent bit of work...

      Delete
  7. Love the kids crafts and other St. Patrick's Day inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started off completely idea-less, and ended up with a lot of fun ideas that I can totally pull off. Love getting organized enough to actually do things.

      Delete
  8. Visiting from the link-up! This is really putting me in the St Patty's mood--hard to believe its just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe. I didn't even realize that today is the last day of February until I scheduled this post last night. Wait what?! it is March, when did that happen! Hopefully it will bring those warmer temperatures you are longing for!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh I love all these ideas!! I am totally stealing some! I was just going through a craft book for some new ideas this morning! Happy Friday Girlfriend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! If you end up making those cupcakes...I'm only a state away =)

      Have a great Birthday!

      Delete
  10. Mmmm!!! Shamrock shakes!! Love thosee!

    Happy Friday, pretty mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My cousin just shared a picture of a half chocolate half shamrock shake on her facebook - she said it was delish, I'm intrigued now. I didn't even realize they were available until they started popping up in feeds all over the place. Thank goodness for social media, haha!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. So many awesome ideas! Love the kids crafts, and may have to try out a few with the little man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try something that actually involves Aria helping with the craft, as opposed to just borrowing her hands and feet as I've done every other time thus far. I don't know if I'm that brave yet though. Plus, she was very much not into colouring a few weeks ago. I'll have to debate it a little bit more first =) I hope Marcus enjoys whatever crafts you end up doing!

      Delete
  12. All of these ideas are too cute! Thanks for sharing! I definitely was very unaware of any St Patricks day books!!! That's so awesome! I'm gonna have to waltz on over to Amazon and take a gander! (Our library isn't very resourceful here :( ) have a lucky weekend friend! ;) -xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed there would be more, or more rec lists. But it was kind of sparse trying to find some suggestions from other book loving mamas. I can't wait to get the naughty leprechaun story though! And, hey if you end up picking any others up you should let me know how they are.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.