Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday: Random Acts of Kindness

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share 5 random acts of kindness ideas.

[image via pinterest]
 
1. Be generous with your money:
Leave change in a vending machine. Pay for the person behind you in the drive through line at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. Make a donation to a charitable cause. Surprise a friend and take them out to lunch. Give your waiter an extra large tip, leave them a little note thanking them.

2. Help others out:
Ask your significant other if they need help with anything. Do somebody else's chore. Cut your neighbors lawn. Offer to pet sit. Use less water during your day, make it a habit. Build a bird feeder. Let someone go in front of you in line. Donate your hair to locks of love. Donate books to the local library. Volunteer. Gift the fee to adopt a dog from a shelter to a family wanting to adopt.

3. Cheer somebody up:
Smile at strangers. Compliment generously. Thank your coworkers or employees, acknowledge a job well done. Send flowers for no other reason than to brighten up somebody else's table. Say 'good morning' to people you pass on the way to work. Say you're sorry when you need to and forgive when you should. Call your friends and family just to say hello more often. Have meaningful conversations with those around you, ask better questions.

4. Thank people:
Make cupcakes for your local fire department. Leave a thank you note for your post man, or offer a cold glass of water. Make thank you cards for your kid's teachers. Make a point to thank people for all of the little things you easily overlook. Send out 'thank you' cards more often. Send a care package to thank a soldier, try operation shoebox.

5. Go big:
If you know a person who is stuck at home offer to be their chauffeur for the day. If you know a second language offer to teach it to a friend. Start recycling or make an effort to reduce your energy expenditures. Make it possible for somebody else to go on vacation: offer to water the plants, keep the pets, babysit, or even gift the cost of a night at a resort or a fun activity at their destination. Help make somebody else's wish come true.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

28 comments:

  1. Love these.... If everyone would do a small generous act each day the world would truly be a better place! "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Happy Friday!!
    Tiffany
    http://thiswholehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It always breaks my heart when people choose to act in ungenerous and unkind ways. I love that quote!

      Happy Friday to you =)

      Delete
  2. Such sweet ideas! Thanks for sharing :) Happy Friday, Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting always helps me remember to do something too. And, putting a smile on somebody else's face is a great way to put one on your own! Apparently Random Acts of Kindness week starts on the 10th - who knew? I didn't!

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas. Such a great list! Small things can really mean so much. Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Even a smile. The other day I was leaving the library and stopped to let a man on a bike ride past and I waved and offered him a big smile. The smile he returned was huge! Totally made MY day.

      Happy Friday =)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea for a five on Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We all need a little reminder to be more patient and kind, I definitely do.

      You too =)

      Delete
  5. stopping by from the link up! that flower quote is currently my phone background--great reminder! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a quick pinterest search for 'kindness' and that one caught my eye immediately! I thought it was lovely, and perfect. What a great reminder to have on your phone!

      You too =) Happy Friday!

      Delete
  6. Love all of these ideas! It's truly awesome how doing something so little can totally make someone's day and mean so much. I hope your post gives everyone a little push and reminder to do something nice for someone else, I know it definitely did with me! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Not only can it make their day but I find it always lifts my spirits too. Even just a simple smile =) And, I hope it gives everybody a little push to be more patient and kind.

      Have a great Friday!

      Delete
  7. I love this reminder to do good deeds! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing 'random acts of kindness' in action posts too. I wish I had been on top of things to do something like that but even just the ideas has given me a push in the right direction.

      Have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  8. Love these ideas! Its always great to put some kindness into the community!

    Happy to be a new follower here! Tattered To Taylored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!

      And, so true =) A little kindness can go a long way.

      Delete
  9. Great ideas! It's the perfect reminder going into a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great weekend, and spread a little kindness to those around you =)

      Delete
  10. I love this!! What a great idea for Friday's 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, never hurts to smile. I can always use a reminder to have more patience!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. Absolutely love these ideas - such good reminders of easy ways to be generous and kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved brainstorming the post. It made me remember when others have been kind to me, or when it made my day to make somebody else smile! Good stuff.

      Happy weekend! =)

      Delete
  12. Stopping by from the link up. I love this list!!! Great ideas! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for visiting! Don't forget to do a lot of smiling this weekend =) Have a great one!

      Delete
  13. Great idea and it reminds us how far little acts can go.

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping over from the link up! I love these ideas. I'm going to try and do some this coming week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this list! You have given me great ideas on how to give a little kindness on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! Love it! Espically the smile at strangers... it makes such a difference and is so easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.