Thursday, February 6, 2014

13th & 14th Month Favourites

1.Duplo Creative Ice Cream - Aria got this from her Aunty Laura for Christmas and she loves it. I build her an ice cream and she rips it apart, over and over. Then she helps me put all the pieces away in the box. It is super cute too.

2. Edushape Sensory Balls - We play with these all day everyday. They are always scattered throughout the front of the house. Aria will roll, toss, or kick them around and sometimes we even have a few passes back and forth. Plus, mom and dad bounce and play catch with them all the time too. Fun for the whole family, except Lizzy who is terrified of them.

3. 5 Busy Ducklings board book - This is one of the few books Aria will bring to me. She would also bring me the Five Little Pumpkins book (maybe it has to do with the number 5?) during the fall. Her favourite part is giving the ducks kisses, which seriously how cute is that?

4. Little People Noah's Ark - A Christmas present from mom and dad. She likes to take all the animals out and then put them back in, or open and close the two door flaps. We also got her the Little People Nativity but she isn't overly interested in it, I'm guessing because the ark has moveable bits and holes to shove animals in.

5. Skip Hop Zoo plate and bowl set - Hers is actually the giraffe (thanks, Silvana!), but the hippo picture was better for my board and totally sunshine-y cute too. We just started using these and she has been doing really well with not throwing them across the room, especially if they contain blueberries. She had a blast the other morning taking out and putting back in one by one 4 blackberries. I originally started her with the boon suction bowl with catching lip, but the thing would not stay suctioned. And, she would up dump and rough house with it far more than her zoo plate and bowl, which is a shame because it seems like such a great concept. So far so good with this set though.

6. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench - Mainly just the hammer. She loves the hammer. She will knock the bench on occasion, but more often than not she is twirling it in her hand or pounding on the end tables/the floor/herself/a passing dog. It is also one of mom's favourites to play with too - in case that is a selling point for you.

7. A+A Swaddle Blankets - I'm pretty sure these are on the first month favourites board I did too, because I love them. But, I had to include them again because now they are more like a security blanket/paci for her. She drags one around with her all day and she sucks on the tag. I am glad I have 8 of these because I get her a fresh one daily after she rubs it around in dog hair for hours. They soothe her to sleep every day and when she wants a little peace she finds her blanket and lays down on the floor on it while sucking the tag. I'm pretty sure if I asked her what her current favourite is it would be these blankets.

8. Learn and Groove Musical Table - This along with her edushape balls get the most play time. When I have it in the front room she pushes it all over the tile and when it is in her nursery she whacks the heck out of it. I like to kick it when I do diaper changes for a little mood music.

9. mOmma Straw Cup - This is the only sippy we have right now, but it works great. It doesn't tip over to the point of the straw touching anything, it doesn't leak (as long as you turn it upside down to make sure the little catch in the twist top is empty), Aria can easily hold it, and it is a cinch to clean. My only downside is that Aria can't get all the liquid out and there is still a decent amount in the bottom, and when it gets low she has to hold it a certain way to get the straw to be in the drink. Minor issue, and we still get a lot of use out of it. I just ordered a zo-li to try as well.

10. B. Meowsic Keyboard - We have both the dog guitar and the cat keyboard, and I prefer the cat to the dog because the songs are much less stupid. The dog is a little bit more fun to play with but the music makes me want to stab my ears. I sing the 'applebee' song at least once a day now. I don't think Aria cares one way or the other, but I'd say she plays with the cat keyboard a little more than the dog guitar. Although that could be because I encourage the cat. One aside, I was bummed you can't record your voice with the microphone.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

7 comments:

  1. We have about half of these as well! Aislynn loves her blankets as well!! Glad they have uses past swaddling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the only blankets she's ever used in her crib, and she just recently started loving the tag and snuggling with them. Such good quality blankets! I wonder if she will really attach to it like a lovey.

      Delete
  2. I love when people share things that work for them and their kids..gets me prepared for the next couple of months! I've heard great things about that cup..guess I should just stop debating and make the purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love when somebody I follow has a kid just a few months older and they share all their favourite goodies. My amazon list is always full, and every time I order a box of diapers I toss on something fun for Aria too. And, it is usually a total win product! I don't know how moms purchased anything without a whole community of mommy bloggers!!!
      I'd totally get the cup. Everybody and their sister loves it! I'm betting S will too =)

      Delete
  3. Great list! There are so many things we need to try here! I've had my eye on the cat keyboard for awhile now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the cat keyboard stands up to the test of time. Apparently my all time favourite toy was a little keyboard and I drove everybody bonkers playing the pre-programmed tunes. So hopefully Aria will get a kick out of it for at least a few years, and Arden if you pick one up too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the birthday ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.