Monday, January 20, 2014

Mommy & Me Monday

Today's Mommy & Me Monday post is going wordless, mostly. More along the lines of semi-wordless, or I guess short would work too...

We have passes to the zoo, but haven't been in months. There is something unpleasant about walking around covered in sweat. But, when it finally cooled off we were right in the midst of holiday crazies. So what I am saying is we finally found time to go this weekend. The last time we went Aria wasn't caring/attentive/active enough to look at the animals, but this time she noticed them. She would point, and find things we pointed out to her, and wave to them, and she got excited when she saw the wart hogs so I guess those were her favourite. The parrots were unusually vocal, the coatimundis were actually out (I've never seen them in their habitat), and I got to feed the deer. I love when I get to feed the deer.
Don't let her face fool you, she had a lovely time.

Linking up with Dear Owen and Everyday Love!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

12 comments:

  1. So cute!! I'm embarassed to say we've only been to the zoo once. But it's a must-do-again for us ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our little zoo - it has a lot of trees for shade, and wooden walkways through each section. Not the best in animals on display, but makes up for its small size with charm! Plus, I'm just a big softy for animals =) Definitely worth a little day trip to take Lex!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, it was super cute watching her find the animals!

      Delete
  3. So cute. Our zoo in miami is over an hour a way. We barely ever went when they were little and now they are teens and have no interest. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I didn't know you were in FL too! Bummer that your teens don't have any interest in the zoo. I've totally loved going to the zoo at all ages! Drag em anyway? haha =) Over an hour away to the zoo is a commitment. I bet the Miami zoo is quite nice though.

      Delete
  4. so sweet. the first time we took our son he decided to nap through the whole experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha =) I think Aria did too, but she was still pretty tiny. It was more of a lets get out of the house trip than anything. She probably napped every time we went to the zoo prior to this last trip now that I think about it. It has been a while, man time flies.

      Delete
  5. We need to get to the zoo more, we have passes but don't go enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our passes are up in a few short months, so that got me motivated to actually use them some more before then. Gettin' the money's worth and all. Our zoo is so conveniently right down the road too, hopefully we will get in a lot more trips.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to go to the zoo this summer with Wyatt. The closest one is about an hour and a half away...not too bad, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad! Our zoo is so small like I said but really close. I'd still like to take Aria to the other 2 or 3 zoos near-ish to us. And, I think they are all at least 1.5 hours away. Do-able for sure, just a little more planning than down the road. I bet Wyatt will get a kick out of it in the summer. He'll be about Aria's age then if I remember correctly. It is super cute when they actually will look at the animals. The coolest bit about our zoo is the giraffe part, they come right up to the porch look out so you can feed/pet them. So we would have a giraffe hanging out 3 ft away and Aria would be totally uninterested despite our annoying chorus of 'look look giraffe Aria look giraffe awww look'. Of course this time we went they were no where to be found. Maybe next time!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.