Tuesday, December 3, 2013

On the First Day of Christmas...We Eat Christmas Cookies!

The very first link up for The 5 Days of Christmas link up party is today with myself, as well as Jenny from Growing up Jacobson, Jenesha from Books, Looks, & Babies, and Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me.
Today is all about the Christmas goodies - for more details check out this post. I love Christmas cookies, so I knew I wanted to share a few of my favourites. I love Christmas cookies so much that they became part of the food spread at Aria's first birthday party (details and pictures soon - hopefully this week)! So, if you need something new to try this year all of these are tried and true winners in my book.

Three ingredients, guys. These are my favourite Christmas cookies. I store them in the freezer, and they are just oh so good. These particular ones are mint oreos and cream cheese, dipped in melted milk chocolate chips. A bonus is that you can change up the chocolate for any occasion - using those candy discs lets you play with practically every colour under the sun. If you want to go white don't use white chocolate chips, they are the biggest pains to melt - so finicky, I'd use white candy discs or almond bark. I prefer simple milk chocolate though!

I don't like crunchy cookies. So, gingerbread really isn't my thing. But, when I saw these I thought they might be a winner. Turns out they are! A soft gingerbread cookie with white chocolate...mmm. Molasses, however, is really unpleasantly strong smelling to work with - sorry about that.

These probably fall under more of an October cookie, but I don't care. They are delicious. They are so soft and chewy with a good pop of pumpkin spice flavour. I actually made these in October too, but seriously was daydreaming about them after they were all gone. So, of course, they needed to make an appearance on the birthday spread!

These are for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers of the world. That doesn't actually include me. I enjoy the chocolate and peanut butter combo, but it doesn't flip my lid or anything. They are a, surprise!, soft cookie and richly decadently chocolate-y peanut butter cup-y. Basically you only need one and a glass of milk afterwards. The first time I made these I think Chris ate the whole batch in one go. So, I made sure to send them all out of the house with everybody at the end of the party.
Sweet Turtle Soup
Now it is your turn! What are your favourite Christmas cookies? Or, Christmas recipes? Or, best tips for hosting Christmas dinner? etcetcetc. We'd love to hear all about what is filling your bellies this holiday season! So, eat all the things, write a post, grab the button above, link up on any of our 4 blogs, and most importantly have a jolly good time!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

12 comments:

  1. Ummm I just ate breakfast but these are making me hungry already! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up early to pop into the link up, and I sat there in bed getting hungrier and hungrier reading everybody's posts!

      Delete
  2. Oh YUM! I must try... ALL OF THESE :) Seriously though!
    My favorite cookie to eat at Christmas time is snicker doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people LOVE snicker doodles, but I must be defective because they are just okay in my book. Same with nutella and smores. I feel like people are totally obsessive with those things and I'm over by myself all 'meh okay they are good I suppose'. I can get on board the cake batter train though!

      Delete
  3. OMGEEE. are you kidding me with this sweet tooth post. i want it all right now. for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I already had my fill of Christmas cookies for the season...I should probably take note of that brussel sprout recipe you posted today.

      Delete
  4. Those all look delicious! Since going gluten, egg and dairy free, I haven't ventured into baking for myself. I have gone to a local bakery that has baked goods free of these ingredients and they are good. I need to try myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably go with the professionals too if I had to go gluten, egg, and dairy free. So many substitutions.

      Delete
  5. OMG I want to eat all of these!! Espically the mint Oreo balls! yummy!

    yay for week 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mint oreo balls are the best. I still have a whole bunch of them too. Probably trouble though...

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Cookies for breakfast is a totally acceptable thing this close to Christmas =)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.