Monday, December 23, 2013

Mommy & Me Monday - Santa Baby!

The Christmas spirit, it has hit me! I wish the weather was feeling the Christmas spirit (record highs...disgusting), but the weather will be decidedly more festive when we get to Pennsylvania. But, despite the near 90s outside, it is still feeling downright Christmas-y.

I think our visit to Santa did the trick!
 Even if we had to wait in line for nearly 3 hours, and my back was just about broken after holding her in line that long (because, of course, we didn't think to grab the stroller), and Aria fell asleep about 20 minutes before our turn with Santa. Not to mention the additional 3 hours in the car to get there and back again. And, I'm not even going to say how much these pictures cost us. Because, yes, I am insane and insisted we see the best Santa around! Makes for a few mommy and me (and daddy and me) pictures while we waited too.

 But, there is just something about a visit with Santa that puts you in a good mood. I can't wait to do it again next year. Plus, it will be interesting to see how much Aria has changed in a year and how she will feel about Santa. This year it was mostly a wash because she was asleep followed by a brief period of zombie.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve...TWO days until Christmas!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--the preciousness of the sleeping on Santa photos is too much!!!! Love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line took soooo long that it went right past naptime, but she held on until the last bend naturally to pass out. It was pretty funny watching the photographers try to wake her up. Chris and I were cracking up. I figured it would be a pissed off baby picture, but this one is so much better!

      Delete
  2. What adorable pictures! They are amazing! Well worth the wait! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wavered for a long time about going to see Santa, because I knew how long of a wait it would be...but totally worth it in the end. I'm so glad I finally opted to just do it!

      Merry Christmas Megan! I hope you have a blast tomorrow with miss McKenzie!

      Delete
  3. I almost cried (and I'm not a crier) at the sweetness of the sleeping photos! You totally saw the best Santa! What great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I wish I wasn't a crier. Just reading that you got close to crying started me welling up. I blame pregnancy. I was sobbing mess, and it never went away =/ I love these pictures so much though, can't wait to go back next year - with an army of entertainment now that I know what to expect!

      Merry Christmas!! I hope you are feeling much better, and have such a magical day with Callie.

      Delete
  4. I have to admit I've never seen a sleeping Santa picture (unless they're a newborn).... I'm dying laughing! Poor girl that's a long line. Id need a nap too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was just thinking about that. I don't think I've ever seen a sleeping non newborn Santa pic. I was for sure certain it would be a pissed off angry teary Santa visit, but I love that she ended up just napping on him! Oh yeah, the line was terrible..everything ached. There was a woman who brought her own chair =) Smart!

      Delete
  5. SO CUTE !!! I love the sleeping ones and the one where Santa is saying "hush"
    What a great Santa :)
    Worth the wait
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Grandma went nuts for the hushing Santa pic! I am excited to see how she does next year, maybe more interaction because I hear he is great with that.

      Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my word. Those photos are totally worth it. LOVE. That one with Santa sshhhhh-ing and her asleep...priceless. These are awesome. What a great Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we toughed it out, I almost said nah let's not go because I knew the line would be insane..last Sunday before Christmas? yeah that was a silly move. Next year I'll come prepared, especially with a stroller and entertainment for all!

      Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  7. Those pictures are so sweet!! I bet your back did hurt after all that...but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I couldn't carry her for at least 30 minutes afterwards...or walk without pain, ha. My own fault for not remembering the stroller. Next year I'll have my game face on.

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  8. oh my goodness, you have GOT to be kidding me. These are the cutest Santa pictures I have EVER seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks!! I totally agree. They made excellent Christmas gifts this year =) The grandparents went nuts for em!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, these are so stinkin' adorable. I especially love the one where he is "sshhhing". Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.