Monday, December 2, 2013

Mommy & Me Monday and Thanksgiving

I'm back from my mini blog vacation for Thanksgiving and Aria's Birthday party. I think I need a real vacation to recover from the mini one. Chris and I worked our rears off all week to get ready for the big day, the big-birth-day. I don't think I know how to not make enough food to feed 40 people. There were 8 people, 10 if you count the two babes. Next year we are going out for Mexican and froyo....

It was a great Birthday party though. All the massive amounts of food was delicious, and even Aria tried all sorts of things I didn't think she would want. The smash cake was a ... smash =) I don't think there is a present left at the toy store either. I'll save the details for another post though.

Onto Thanksgiving. This is the first Thanksgiving in 8 years that we didn't make a turkey with all the fixings. Instead, we brought mashed potatoes and pecan pie over to Aria's godfather's for a Thanksgiving feast in a tree. There was backyard turkey, duck, and lamb plus dessert-esque-yum-tastic sweet potatoes. But, I was bummed when there weren't any leftovers in my refrigerator the next day...or the one after that too. So, we are going to make it all next weekend. A belated Turkey day! It just isn't Thanksgiving without leftovers.

We did, however, have a Thanksgiving breakfast feast - sausage links, cheese and sausage scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, and home fries. That we ate in front of The Parade. I was so proud when Aria danced along to some of the songs too. I feel a Parade fan in the making.

We also woke up to the temperature reading 40 degrees. I thought I lived in Florida...but, it was delightfully chilly. Aria actually needed her winter coat both while running last minute pecan grabbing errands and on Thanksgiving day. Sadly it is back up in the 70s two seconds later.
 Watching the start of the Parade. There was dancing shortly thereafter.

Baxter thought sharing sausage links would be an excellent way to start the day.

Chris was very stylish in his apron when he took a break from potato peeling to chat with his momma.

And, my mommy and me picture this week! Watching the Parade in jammies with Aria was the highlight of my Thanksgiving hands down.

Linking up with Dear Owen and Everyday Love!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE your thanksgiving breakfast feast while watching the parade! I think that's how well have to spend Christmas Day. I love watching these LO dance it's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is my favourite part of Christmas - we usually make mini everything and stuff ourselves after opening presents! I prefer doing Christmas Eve dinner so I don't have to go do anything in the kitchen the rest of the day. More time for toy playing.

      The dancing is really the best thing ever!

      Delete
  2. That's fun to watch the parade and eat a good breakfast! And... I can't wait to hear about Aria's birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally we are too busy making dinner to have time for a fun breakfast, so that was a nice change. I think we will have to make in part of the traditions from here on!

      Delete
  3. ekkk! birthday party!! tell me more tell me more!! and food & parade = holiday amazingness. i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day! Sometimes if I don't feel like making anything for lunch or dinner we will just eat more breakfast all day long. So many options.

      I love the Parade, it was so awesome watching Aria watch bits of it and bop along to the sounds occasionally. Kids make everything more magical...well maybe not everything, but lots of things!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time..
    I feel the same way.. we had so much to do during our four day vacation that I think I need another one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know. Vacation from the vacation. I enjoyed having nothing to craft or prep or clean today. We played with birthday toys all day practically. My feet are thanking me!

      Delete
  5. I love birthday parties! Savanna won't be 1 until May..isn't it bad that I've already started planning?! It's super cold up here in MD but I love it around the Holidays, just wish it would snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applaud you! Plan plan plan! I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do for Aria's party but mostly waited until the last minute to get things really set and the ball rolling. The invites were super late going out, I was up late every night DIY-ing things, oy. I think I should plan the second birthday right away so I'm not running around like a frantic headless chicken next November. I didn't think it would be so much work.

      Oh wow you live further away from FL than I thought. I thought maybe Georgia since you love/visit Disney yearly. That is a trek from MD...so worth it though =) I hope it snows soon, we are heading up just across the border to PA for Christmas. Aria's first snow would totally make the trip festive.

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet mommy & me picture!!! :) I can't wait to hear the birthday party details!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks, thanks =)

      Normally I plan things and they never turn out right or aren't as fun as I thought they would be, but I think the birthday party turned out so fun! It was awesome watching Aria rip open presents and smash her cake with friends and family around. I'm excited to put the post together!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.