Friday, December 6, 2013

Five on Friday

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to bring you my five favourite Christmas movies!

 I f-ing love this movie. That is all.

One of my all time favourite movies. It isn't overly Christmas I suppose, but it feels so warm and fuzzy that it might as well be. I actually still have this one on VHS and I am probably getting close to wearing the thing out from overuse.

 I didn't like this movie at all the first time I saw it. But, then for some reason it grew on me and I can't believe I didn't love it from the start. It makes me want 5 kids.

 I almost overlooked this movie! So good, so cute. I also still have this one on VHS so I will have to dig it out and watch it asap.

 I love, love, love Jack Black and Kate Winslet in this movie. Jude Law is lovely too, but Cameron Diaz brings down that side of the couple. But, not enough for me to dislike this movie!

A few honorable mentions as well...
 
This is one of Chris' favourite Christmas movies, right up there with Die Hard, which I totally should have added but don't feel like it right now so just pretend. Another VHS hold out that I will have to unbury.

I can't remember the last time I saw this one from start to finish. I don't own it, but it is always on tv. I definitely want to catch it this year. Classic!

I can't say that I love this movie, but I can't not watch it every year either...

 And, a couple I haven't seen, but probably should because everybody seems to love them!
 
Just one of those I've never managed to see.

This one I haven't seen because I hate Will Ferrell, but I might have to overlook that and see what everybody is raving about.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Santa clause movies (all of them!)! I don't remember the last time I saw the muppets Christmas carol (my favorite version is the one with Patrick Stewart) but I might have to watch it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick Stewart is the best! I don't think I've ever seen any other versions. Totally going to look into that one. Maybe it is on Netflix, they put a whole bunch of Christmas movies up for streaming.

      I'm not sure I've seen the other Santa Clause movies...maybe. I guess I wasn't impressed.

      Delete
  2. The Santa Clause movies are all my favorite, and Home Alone. Those two NEVER get old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home Alone is so great, and I almost overlooked it! Now that birthday madness has died down and we are back from a mini vacation for a wedding, it is time for some Christmas movies.

      Delete
  3. I wrote a post like this this week but I forgot about The Holiday, Family Stone and Christmas Vacation! Where was my head? Those are such great movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally inspired by your post, and I think I saw one more too.

      Delete
  4. I freaking LOVED The Family Stone and The Holiday!!
    However, Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite Christmas movie. You are doing yourself a serious injustice by not seeing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny because I'm not sure I've ever even seen it on TV around Christmas, while flipping the channels or surfing the guide. So it really only popped up on my radar through other blogs, but everybody loves it so I really think I am missing out! I will definitely remedy that this year.

      Thanks for stopping over.

      Delete
  5. I love The Holiday but haven't seen The Family Stone which is surprising since I love Rachel McAdams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally a Rachel McAdams fan too. I think she probably is the reason I came around to enjoying the movie. I usually don't enjoy a SJP movie. I love Sex and the City, but her movies usually fall flat for me. I'm glad I gave it a second try because it really is a good movie. You should give it a try this year!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I've never thought of it as a Christmas movie. For some reason it never got associated that way in my brain. I saw it on another Christmas movie list, and was like 'how is that a Christmas movie' for a few seconds until I realized...it totally is! I just watched it today after reading your comment earlier. One of my fave movies, maybe now I will categorize it in the Christmas section of my mind.

      Delete
  7. I just watched The Holiday last night with my husband. It's not Christmas without Mr. Napkin Head! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.