Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Thankful Project: A role you've played

http://www.thechasinghappyblog.com/
Today's prompt is a role you've played.

The role that I am most thankful for is that of being a mother. I feel like a completely different person after becoming the mother of an incredible little person. Having kids is such a huge deal, and so scary that maybe everybody feels they aren't ready. I'm not sure how other people feel, but I know that is how I felt. I liked sleeping, staying up late, being lazy, having video game marathons that lasted hours with my husband, drinking with friends, etc. I did nothing of value really. I had an almost completely selfish existence. But, now I get to love, and teach, and care for a life. A life that I helped create and bring into this world. Isn't that amazing?

I'm so thankful that the cosmos all aligned and gave me Aria. There are so many different variation possibilities that go into a baby, but I can't think of a more perfect end result than Aria. I wouldn't be able to take on this role of being a mother if I didn't have Aria. She teaches me about patience and selflessness and unconditional love and perseverance in the face of exhaustion. I only hope I can live up to my role as her mother - her guide, shoulder, role model, play mate, best friend, teacher, confidant, and rule maker. I am thankful that I get the opportunity to take on such an awesome role. It is such a daunting task, and I can only hope to grow into that role more and more everyday.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

12 comments:

  1. I don't know anyone who felt ready! Maybe they exist but there's do much to motherhood that you have to experience and every baby is so different I don't know how you can be "ready"! I feel you on the completely changed and learning so much from these LOs! great post again! so heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always think about how much you have to teach your babies, and then you have one and realize how much they have to teach you. It is a beautiful circle!

      Delete
  2. I saw your link from Kenzie's linkup. I understand how you feel! I am grateful to be a mother, too. Babies are such amazing gifts from God <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are, I am grateful choose Aria for me - He knew even if I wasn't sure at the time.

      Delete
  3. Aria is just as lucky to have you! You do such fun things with her. All things she will love even more as she gets older! We're all lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is such a sweet comment! I love bringing a little festive to our everyday, well at least for the holidays. I'm not that ambitious. =)

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful post and so touching. It's also very much an inspiration and a heartfelt example of the positives of motherhood for those who might be considering starting a family. Love it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post! I also chose to post about being a mom for day 2 of The Thankful Project. It really is such a blessing isn't it? Glad I found your blog through the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a blessing. I can't think of anything quite as fulfilling to me! Thanks for stopping over =)

      Delete
  6. although I don't know you "IRL" (in real life), I can tell what a blessed little girl you have...she is incredibly lucky to have 1) a hardworking, loving daddy but 2) an AMAZING, creative, and inspiration of a mother. Keep up the great work...and the great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you that is so sweet of you to say!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.