Friday, November 1, 2013

The Thankful Project: A person

November is the perfect time to reflect on everything in your life you have to be thankful for. And, it just so happens that Chasing Happy is hosting a link up challenge, the thankful project. She has provided prompts for the 28 days leading up to and including Thanksgiving. It is so refreshing to think about the good, and remember how good we have it. I think a lot of us tend to focus on the wants quite often, because it is so easy to. So, instead let's all focus on the bits we have, whatever they may be this November - whether you write about it or not. There is always something to be thankful for.
Today's prompt is a person.

I originally thought I would write about Aria, because I am thankful for her everyday and thankful for all the wonderful things she brings to my life. But, when I sat down to write this I found myself wanting to write about my husband, Chris. I'm sure I don't let him know enough how much I am thankful for him and everything he does for Aria and me.
Chris,

Thank you for working so hard for the past two months especially at two full time jobs so that we don't have a lapse in health insurance. It sucks that you don't get to spend much time with Aria, and some days you don't even get to see her. I know how hard that would be for me. It sucks that you work 80something hours a week and you do it most days on 5 hours of sleep. It is amazing that you are excelling at both jobs. Thank you.

Thank you for taking care of all things financial. We both know how much I suck at handling money, and I don't think I could figure out taxes to save my life. You do a great job of keeping us in line, sticking to a budge, saving, and paying everything on time. Plus, I love that bottle of nail polish you let me splurge on. Thank you.

Thank you for scratching that part of my back in the middle that I just can't reach. Why is it always there that itches?

Thank you for emptying out the cat litter. It is gross, and unpleasant. And, you don't enjoy it either but you take care of it anyway because you know how much I loathe it. Thank you.

Thank you for understanding how much I enjoy creating this little blog of mine and letting me run us all around like crazy every second of your time off because I wanted to pull off 31 days of fall fun. Thank you for taking 500 pictures so I have 2 to post. Thank you for letting me know when my posts make no sense so I can correct them. Thank you for watching random things on Netflix so I can write posts in the evening. Thank you.

Thank you for helping me raise our little girl. I love how involved you are, and how you are always willing to change a diaper or kiss a boo boo even when you are exhausted. Thank you for supporting me through labor, and postpartum craziness, and breastfeeding, and sleep schedules, etcetc. It has been a wild ride these past 11 months, and I'm sure it will only get more wild as she gets bigger, more independent, more willful, and more her own little person. Thank you for being a presence in her life. Thank you.

And, thank you for trimming your bread. This weekend. I hear it is a good time for such doings.

Love, Courtney

facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post and I agree, I am so so thankful for my husband too. Wouldn't know what I would do without him! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is always nice to remember why ya married em right!

      Have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  2. What a sweet tribute to your husband, and a creative way to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it almost wrote itself so it must have been meant to be!

      Happy November =)

      Delete
  3. How sweet! I had no idea your husband worked that much! I hope there is an end to that soon. I saw this link up the other day and I might join in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is hopefully a short lived thing. He actually just had the head guys send off the request to bring him on all official like to the other head guys, so we have all the digits crossed everything will work out and he can work normal hours again! I saw your link up when I was rummaging through your archives for something, I will definitely check it out soon. I'm glad you joined in.

      Happy November =)

      Delete
  4. he sounds amazing...great job finding a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you, I think I did!

      I hope you have a great first weekend in November =)

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet post! He sounds like a pretty incredible guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I think so too, and thanks for stopping over!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.