Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sweet Sunday

October 20th - 26th

We always save expired bread or end pieces that nobody wants to eat for duck feeding. But, we have been so busy lately with fun October things and Chris working two jobs that we had half of a shelf in the refrigerator piled with bread bags before we found time to hit up the duck pond. I thought we would be there for-ev-er, but our bag of bread was empty much sooner than expected. There were many hungry mouths to feed. The squirrels were particularly brave and came up about 3 inches from my shoes.

We worked up an appetite feeding the various members of the wild kingdom. So, we went out for brunch. I thought we might have to squeeze in with the church brunch bunch, but we practically had the place to ourselves. We scored a huge booth and Aria had a blast crawling between myself and Chris. And, she figured out how to use a straw shortly followed by the discovery that she could blow and make fun noises. We had a wet table and a completely entertained baby. Plus, the food hit the spot. Top notch morning!

You don't see Loki around these parts often. He avoids Aria like the plague, but he happened to creep out from his perch on the windowsill when I had my camera handy.

I had to order some things from Amazon, so I randomly decided to add on a stacking toy. I got the Green Toys My First Stacker. Aria just loves to knock it over and spread the pieces all over the living room while chewing on the top part. She gets frustrated if I stack it up after she knocks it down too - it is cute, she starts to fling the bits further away.

Loving her new Halloween outfit from Target!

I mentioned a craft we worked on in my last Countdown to Halloween recap, but didn't show what it was so that it would be a surprise when we gave it to Kiel, Aria's godfather, for his birthday! Card stock, painters tape, an exacto, and paint make a pretty cute art piece to frame along with a favourite picture.

The finger painting went even better than last time. There was only an almost taste, but I think she remembered it was awful right before getting it in her mouth and stopped. Thankfully. No tears this time! Also, don't go overboard with the colour additions because we ended up with a purpley brown poo pile. I had to dollop a few colours on top and let her play with them for 2 seconds so we had some variety.

We went trick or treating in our historic downtown area yesterday with the gang (Silvana, Randy, Rory, and Kiel). I'm saving Aria's costume reveal for my Countdown to Halloween recap 5 this Thursday, but here is a little teaser picture until then! Anybody care to guess?
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the baby art!!! Turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That painters tape and finger painting idea is golden! She smelled like paint the rest of the day. =)

      Delete
  2. Love the finger painting masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Rory could do some toe painting! If you are feeling particularly ambitious.

      Delete
  3. Love how the art project turned out! Yay for stacking cups! Stacking anything is still a favorite here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more like unstacking around here =)

      Thanks, I always knew I wanted to do crafts with my kids but it is even better than I expected. So much fun, and I'm sure it will be even better when she gets a better grasp on the concept.

      Delete
  4. Love her little Halloween outfit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.