Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Spread a Little Love

Erica at The Baby Diaries nominated me for a Liebster Award - thank you, certainly made my day. So, I thought I would answer her questions, pass the award along, and ask some of my own questions.

The rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and give them questions to answer.

How did you get into blogging?
I stumbled upon the blogging world a couple years ago and was hooked. I've had a couple different blogs that were more personal blogging than blogger blogging - subtle difference. But, after I had Aria I wanted to make a blog to document all the baby things, as well as trying my hand at an actual blog. You know, one you hope other people will read. And, I ended up loving it. I love having my own little piece of the blogging community, even a tiny one, and discovering all sorts of fabulous blogs in the process.

How many lip glosses do you own?
Haha. Um, I'm a chap stick girl. I can't go anywhere without my chap stick. I have 4 in use at the moment - one by my bed, one in the living room, one in my purse, and one by my nursing chair.

Where is your dream vacation spot?
I'd define vacation as a relaxing get-away. With that in mind, I would love to take a vacation to a log cabin somewhere with gorgeous scenary complete with hot tub, a big fire place, all the books I can read, and hot cocoa. Oh and snow, and nothing to do except hang out with my little family.

What is a typical day like for you?
Get up at 8, nurse, feed pets, crawl around on the floor with Aria, make breakfast, more crawling around on the floor, nap time where mommy makes dad lunch and does some housekeeping and hopefully some butt-sitting, Aria wakes up and we have lunch, floor crawling until dad comes home from work, a little dad time until he goes to sleep before his second job, dinner prep and entertaining of the baby, dinner around 6, bath, jammies, nurse, bedtime, and then mommy personal time before sleep. Rinse and repeat. Hopefully a little more fun will be had when Chris isn't working two full time jobs.

Where is your favourite place to shop?
Target for all the things. Clothes, baby, shampoo, decorations, etc.

What is your favourite movie?
I love movies, it would be hard to pick just one. I love chick flicks - You've Got Mail, When Harry Met Sally, etc. But, a few other favourites are Independence Day, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Star Trek. Basically I am a nerd.

What blog do you read most often?
I follow so many, but I always try to make sure I am current on Little Baby Garvin. I think her blog may be my most favourite, but I love quite a few.

What book are you reading right now?
I wish I was reading a book right now. I'm in the middle of a couple different series. James Rollins' Sigma Force series, Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series, Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices series and The Mortal Instruments series. Oh and Deborah Harkness's All Souls Trilogy, which I am impatiently waiting for the third to be published in the summer of 2014. I love reading, but I've had my hands full with Countdown to Halloween. I have plans on getting my read on in November though; I have 12 books left to hit my goal of 50 this year.

What is your holy-grail beauty product?
Um, I don't really think I have one. But, I love Maybelline's color tattoo eye shadow cream line. Most of the time I've got nothing but moisturizer and chap stick on. It is a good day when I remember to brush my hair.

What is your go-to meal to make your family?
Spaghetti and meatballs if I have the time, or chicken quesadillas in a pinch.

What is the best job you've worked at?
That would definitely be motherhood. It is the best kind of work.



And, now for the nominations:
 
Ali @ Ali Damron
Lindsay @ Baby Mama Drama
Stephanie @ Wife Mommy Me
The questions:
1. What is a baby name that was at the top of your list, but your husband just hated?
2. What is your favourite pizza topping?
3. Do you vacation to relax or to adventure? And, where would you go?
4. Do you holiday shop ahead of time or last minute?
5. If you could try any career in the world for a month which would you choose and why?
6. Do you prefer to shop online or in person?
7. What is the most surprising thing about motherhood?
8. If you could live anywhere where would you?
9. Complete this sentence: "Never have I ever..."
10. Take the Jung Typology test. Do you think the results fit you?
11. What are you most looking forward to before we ring in 2014?
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Also, I keep forgetting to try that Maybelline cream... I remember you telling me about it awhile ago-- next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that stuff - so easy, such fun colours. Glad you already did your response, loved reading it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I'll be sure to respond soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Can't wait to see your answers.
      McKenzie is such a cutie.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! I'll respond next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rush! Did you use to do those email surveys back in the day? I loved/hated those things. This reminds me of that, but more fun. Looking forward to your answers =)

      Delete
  4. Mmmm...now I want spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget the garlic bread - it just wouldn't be spaghetti and meatball night without garlic bread!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.