Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving Party!

I look forward to our annual Canadian Thanksgiving party almost as much as American Thanksgiving. What really sets American Thanksgiving apart for me is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I love me some floats, balloons, and cold looking people. But, I love having people over for our dinner party too. It is win win. 

This is our 4th year celebrating Canadian style, although last year we decided not to have people over because I was a zero-energy cranky pregnant lady. My, how different things are this year! Well, I'm not pregnant anyway...
So, who wants to see some Party pics from this year?! Well, if you are here that means yes! And, I wouldn't want to disappoint!

If you read yesterday's Sweet Sunday post you know I have a closet full of frilly dresses from Aria's Yia-Yia. So, I thought I'd bust one out and put it to good use. She looked too cute for words, but had absolutely no interest in getting her picture taken.
 We had all things delicious, including: chocolate covered pretzels, apples with caramel dip, deviled eggs, honey yeast rolls, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, mac & cheese, honey butter carrots, broccoli cheese casserole, and cranberry sauce. Plus, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. All for 7 people and 2 babies, one of whom isn't old enough for solids. Oh man, the leftovers we have!
Aria dazzled everybody with her mess making abilities. Baxter and Lizzy volunteered to be the clean up crew.
 Aria's godmother, Silvana and her husband Randy along with Aria's best friend, Rory (2 months old)! Rory was so good - she slept all through the feasting and then woke up to be entertaining.
Aria changed into her 'gobble gobble' Thanksgiving outfit from great-grandma after she was hosed off and wiped down. I'm bummed I didn't get a better picture of her in it, but she will be in it again next month.
I got to get in some Rory snuggles. Aria might have been a little jealous, but it passed quickly.
There were other people to be cute for and things to try and steal from Rory.
This picture is all kinds of sweet. I'd just love to know what they are both thinking.
Aria's godfather, Kiel, mesmerized by her hair no doubt. Everything about this picture makes me laugh - Aria's face, Kiel's face, and my turkey coma in the background.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I am thankful for having such amazing friends!

And, just a reminder, tomorrow is the third link up for Countdown to Halloween. Be sure to come back and see what fun fall things we have been up to, and I'd love for you to link up too!
Sweet Turtle Soup
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! You can't imagine the thrill I get from seeing posts about "Canadian Thanksgiving!" We celebrated in Jakarta whith some British friends who thought I was joking when I invited them for Canadian Thanksgiving ("Is that a thing?") and I'm STILL celebrating the leftovers. Easy dinners for ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is too funny - it that a thing?' I get that every year. Canadian Thanksgiving? 'You aren't Canadian, why are you having a party?' Because, I need only the slightest excuse to have massive amounts of food and friends over! I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.