Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Me

First day of October! First day of October! We are gearing up for lots of fall fun today. Make sure to check back Thursdays to see what we've been up to.

Today I thought I would do a little get to know me post. If you have a blog I'd love to see a 10 things post from y'all too!
#1. I get obsessed with a movie, or a song and I will watch/listen to it over and over and over again. For example, right now I am digging the movie He's Just Not That Into You. I probably watched it ten times last month. One time I was studying for a Chemistry final and I listen to Eminem's Without Me for 5 solid hours - I still know all the words too. Bam.

#2. I love straws. It makes a drink 700% more delicious. As does ice.

#3. I am a paranoid door locker. I always make sure all the doors are locked before I go to bed, but sometimes I get in bed just to get back out and double check.

#4. My papa gave me a shotgun one Christmas. I've only used it once, though. That clay pigeon didn't see it coming.

#5. Anything that can suddenly move terrifies me - like grasshoppers.

#6. Bread is my all-time favourite food group. Soft, warm, and buttery. Mmm...

#7. I hate sitting with my legs down. I'd much rather sit with them under me, or cross-legged, or tucked to my chest.

#8. I am afraid of the dark. I don't like it. No, no, no. But, I have no problem sleeping with legs or arms flopped over the side of the bed.

#9. I read all 7 Harry Potter books out loud to Chris one year.

#10. I've never broken any bones. I did hairline fracture my wrist playing dodgeball though. I guess I didn't remember the 5 D's.

And, there you have it! Do you feel like you know me a little better now? Or, maybe now you know I'm a weird-o. Can we still be friends?

8 comments:

  1. Perfect timing to find your blog :) Loved reading these facts!
    We like to go shooting but I have to admit that I've never used the shot gun. I'm too scared of the kick... ha ha! Ridiculous, I know!
    I thought about doing your #9 but then I realized how much I would hate to do that. Maybe if the books weren't so long? I've actually decided to by the books on tape (disc) for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My papa got me a shot gun that had less of a kick, but I was still sore the next day. I'd love to get out and do some shooting sometime.
      Reading out loud is killer on the throat. I sucked on wurther's. But, it really is one of my favourite memories. I've never done the books on tape bit, but I bet my throat would have preferred it!
      Thanks for popping over =)

      Delete
  2. What a neat way to get to know you better! I might have to copy this when I finally finish my blog layout! As much as I LOVE LOVE Harry Potter I've never read them outloud! We've got them on our ipods, own the books and the movies but reading out loud would be a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I'd love to read it! Your new layout is coming along nicely too. Isn't HP the best? Somebody mentioned a favourite memory from their childhood when after dinner the family would take turns reading from a book, and I thought that was an amazing idea when Aria gets older. Love getting these good ideas from the blog world.

      Delete
  3. Bread totally IS a food group! I buy into that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can avoid sweets, etc but can't get rid of that bread!

      Delete
  4. I think it's so funny you get out of bed to double check the locks I do that too, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sweet of you to comment =) I'm so paranoid, sometimes I check more than once...like I was seeing things the first time so I must go back again! Nuts.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.